Welcome, Middlebury Maple 2018 entrants, and congrats on signing up for a half marathon or three mile race! I have teamed up with the race organizers to provide a FREE training plan to help beginner and intermediate runners prepare for the races. If this is your first half marathon or first three miler, this plan will keep your training on track, help you avoid injury, and hopefully hook you on running and racing! Be sure to check out The Importance of a (Flexible) Training Plan on the blog, and get psyched!
The training plan begins on January 1, 2018, and provides comprehensive weekly workouts to guide your preparation. Three different versions of the training plan are available: A beginner’s (non-competitive) plan for the three mile run, a beginner’s (non-competitive) plan for the half marathon, and a competitive plan for the half marathon. Your training plan will include:
- 18 weeks of the specific workouts that will help you rock your race! Training plan variations are available to match your current fitness and running experience.
- A detailed description of when and how to do effective intensity (interval) workouts. (Like this great workout!)
- Run-specific strength training and injury-prevention exercises to help strengthen connective tissue and keep you healthy throughout your training. Photo and video instruction is included where needed.
- Basic information regarding nutrition and proper “fueling” for your training and racing. To see some of my latest training fuel creations, check out Foodie Friday on the blog!
- Instruction on how to keep an effective training log.
- Unlimited email and phone access to me throughout the 18 weeks. I am here as a resource for you!
These training plans are NOT customized, but are intended to provide a range within which most beginner and intermediate runners will be able to train effectively. If you would like a fully customized training plan, including unlimited support from me and daily feedback on your training log throughout your training, I would love to talk with you further.
Likewise, if you are an advanced runner looking to shave some time off your half-marathon PR, a custom training plan will help you achieve your goal. Please use the contact form below to be in touch.
To get started, please fill out the form below, and I will send you your training plan. Please indicate which race you are running, and in the case of the half marathon, whether you are running competitively or non-competitively. If you are not sure which describes you best, select “Not sure” and tell me a little more about yourself as a runner and your motivation to run this race. I will be in touch with my suggested plan.